Resident Evil Corporate Battles 3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The third Resident Evil based RPG forum in the series of RECB. Now on a new forum. Takes place during the events of RE6.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Current Chapter is "Calm Before the Storm"...check "Rules" Category if unsure.
UPDATE* Check RULES for the Update 10/29/12
IMPORTANT POLL: Check General Chat for a poll by Damian Handy; poll is active ONLY FOR 5 DAYS!
7/14/13 Current Weather in Forums: Tall Oaks- RAINY; Edonia- OVERCAST; Paradise City- FOGGY; China- RAINY; South Pacific Islands: BEAUTIFUL

Modern RED

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

Modern RED - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:21 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
Edgar frowned as some bad old memories surfaced, he looked at the young lady, and he understood where she was coming from, in that she could not understand the hell that truly was teh Raccoon Outbreak.

"It was probably for the best that someone as young as yourself had not seen it. It.... affects you in the same way as war does. and like war, it was a veritable 'Hell on Earth'. For some, the pain, fury, fear, and sorrow fade over time. For others, those same scars never fully heal... And for a select few, they experience that 'hell' more than once... Damien is one such person."

When Merryl mentioned Wesker again, he shook his head side to side. "No, they did a number beyond counting on the whole world... His bio-weapons now encompass the globe, in the hands of evil men... He himself may no longer be among the living, but his legacy will haunt us far longer then he himself did..."

She silently nods again. It was more than just plain PTSD her hero was suffering...in some ways as this stranger suggested....it was almost as if it were a curse.

She shakes her head about Wesker. "That's why we have the B.S.A.A.. To stop Bioterrorists like Wesker. I truly believe someday, we may be free of his legacy. It may be a longshot, it may not be tomorrow. Hell, in my own lifetime, but i'm sure the terror of Bioweapons will stop." she says confidently, not knowing that she was smiling at the thought. "It's the people who fight in the terror in the BSAA who inspire me to eventually join the fight. Valiant people, like how Lieutenant Handy used to be that inspire me. It's...just a shame to see someone that inspiring...fall into his own darkness..." she said with a sigh, blushing slightly. She looks back up and blushes a little more, her face almost as red as her hair. She nervously laughs. "Sorry, I didn't mean to drag on like that...I'm just really passionate about their cause...and hope I can aid them someday." she finished with another embarrassed chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Claire Redfield
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:29 am

Merryl Natalyia wrote:
She silently nods again. It was more than just plain PTSD her hero was suffering...in some ways as this stranger suggested....it was almost as if it were a curse.

She shakes her head about Wesker. "That's why we have the B.S.A.A.. To stop Bioterrorists like Wesker. I truly believe someday, we may be free of his legacy. It may be a longshot, it may not be tomorrow. Hell, in my own lifetime, but i'm sure the terror of Bioweapons will stop." she says confidently, not knowing that she was smiling at the thought. "It's the people who fight in the terror in the BSAA who inspire me to eventually join the fight. Valiant people, like how Lieutenant Handy used to be that inspire me. It's...just a shame to see someone that inspiring...fall into his own darkness..." she said with a sigh, blushing slightly. She looks back up and blushes a little more, her face almost as red as her hair. She nervously laughs. "Sorry, I didn't mean to drag on like that...I'm just really passionate about their cause...and hope I can aid them someday." she finished with another embarrassed chuckle.

Edgar shook his head and smiled again "Don't be sorry kid, the fight needs strong wlled young people such as yourself in order to continue. There is only so much time we are given in this world, and we old warhorses need to be able to pass the torch when the time is right. My only regret is that we could not see it through to the end ourselves, and that we must entrust such a bitter task to the future... For that reason, it is we of the passing generation who must apollogise..."

Then, Edgar's face turned to a frown again. "Damien.... Has had much in his life destroyed by this ongoing war... he has lost family, his wife and son... his brother and sister... and his best friend apparently became a traitor and destroyed millions of lives..."
Back to top Go down
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:52 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
Merryl Natalyia wrote:

Edgar shook his head and smiled again "Don't be sorry kid, the fight needs strong wlled young people such as yourself in order to continue. There is only so much time we are given in this world, and we old warhorses need to be able to pass the torch when the time is right. My only regret is that we could not see it through to the end ourselves, and that we must entrust such a bitter task to the future... For that reason, it is we of the passing generation who must apollogise..."

Then, Edgar's face turned to a frown again. "Damien.... Has had much in his life destroyed by this ongoing war... he has lost family, his wife and son... his brother and sister... and his best friend apparently became a traitor and destroyed millions of lives..."

She smiled at his positive feedback, but frowned again when he added more info about Damian's suffering. "Looking at it from this perspective, I can understand a little why he became so despicable and spiteful...I almost feel shameful for what I had done back there." She says in a hushed manner, her eyebrows lowered, partly covering her brown and green eyes. She thinks that maybe there was something she could do to help him 'come back', but could not really think how to initiate it.
She then blinks, and looks up at the taller person in a perplexed manner. "What kind of friend is that? And what do you mean by that exactly?" she asked, feeling a bit nervous. What had started as a few questions for her case now became a near psychological breakdown of Damian's descent into loathing. She was really beginning to wonder who the man before her really was.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Claire Redfield
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 5:08 am

Merryl Natalyia wrote:
She smiled at his positive feedback, but frowned again when he added more info about Damian's suffering. "Looking at it from this perspective, I can understand a little why he became so despicable and spiteful...I almost feel shameful for what I had done back there." She says in a hushed manner, her eyebrows lowered, partly covering her brown and green eyes. She thinks that maybe there was something she could do to help him 'come back', but could not really think how to initiate it.

Edgar nodded silently at first. "Yes... He drinks and smokes himself into a stupor to block out the pain, and forget the memories. Some might think that this is self indulgence, and in many cases, they would be right, but sometimes, when the pain and the wounds run so deep, it is less painful to leave the truth behind." "But some day, one must confront the pain in order to move on from it..." Edgar didn't speak the last part out loud, but his thoughts where clear enough for himself.

Merryl Natalyia wrote:
She then blinks, and looks up at the taller person in a perplexed manner. "What kind of friend is that? And what do you mean by that exactly?" she asked, feeling a bit nervous. What had started as a few questions for her case now became a near psychological breakdown of Damian's descent into loathing. She was really beginning to wonder who the man before her really was.

Edgar closed his eyes behind the shades, he was about to reinforce the lie of himself... but he knew that right now, it was all that could be beleived.

"Do you know about what happened 13 years ago, off the pacific coast? When the vidoe fottage of that gigantic BOW that destroyed an island chain several leagues from Rockfort Island and killed over 4 million people in an instant? That BOW was once Damien Handy's best friend and fellow Raccoon survivor Edgar Holden..."
Back to top Go down
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 5:22 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:

Edgar closed his eyes behind the shades, he was about to reinforce the lie of himself... but he knew that right now, it was all that could be beleived.

"Do you know about what happened 13 years ago, off the pacific coast? When the vidoe fottage of that gigantic BOW that destroyed an island chain several leagues from Rockfort Island and killed over 4 million people in an instant? That BOW was once Damien Handy's best friend and fellow Raccoon survivor Edgar Holden..."

She felt a drop of sweat roll down her forehead and she wiped it away with the back of her hand. "Who couldn't forget something that fearsome. Edgar Holden's rampage still is haunting to this day, and he's still at large so the reports say...I just find that hard to believe that Damian's friend was that... creature." she says gulping. She had nightmares of that creature growing up...still shocked a B.O.W could get that large...
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Claire Redfield
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 5:35 am

Merryl Natalyia wrote:
She felt a drop of sweat roll down her forehead and she wiped it away with the back of her hand. "Who couldn't forget something that fearsome. Edgar Holden's rampage still is haunting to this day, and he's still at large so the reports say...I just find that hard to believe that Damian's friend was that... creature." she says gulping. She had nightmares of that creature growing up...still shocked a B.O.W could get that large...

Edgar's shades glinted slightly in the moonlight, and he lowered his head slightly.

"Indeed, Edgar was a peculiar BOW... he had been modified so extensively that he could quite literally move mountains. But, there are two particulars one should keep in mind about Edgar. First, if he was such an evil bastard at heart, why did he aid the others in their escape from Raccoon only 2 years before, holding the nuclear detonation at bay to buy them enough time... And the 2nd thing is, nobody who was there on Rockfort actually remembers the event for themselves... All we have to rely on is that video footage... and nobody even knows where that footage came from. After that, Edgar is not seen or heard from in 13 years, it's like he simply vanished... I don't know about you, but if I had the power to conjure an explosive power more devastating than any nuclear weapon, I would not be hiding from a world that couldnt touch me, unless there was another reason... The whole thing smells fishy to me... But then again, I wouldn't know, i've never had a conversation with the man." Edgar explained his own position from a third person perspective as best he could without rising too much suspicion.
Back to top Go down
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 5:55 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
Merryl Natalyia wrote:

Edgar's shades glinted slightly in the moonlight, and he lowered his head slightly.

"Indeed, Edgar was a peculiar BOW... he had been modified so extensively that he could quite literally move mountains. But, there are two particulars one should keep in mind about Edgar. First, if he was such an evil bastard at heart, why did he aid the others in their escape from Raccoon only 2 years before, holding the nuclear detonation at bay to buy them enough time... And the 2nd thing is, nobody who was there on Rockfort actually remembers the event for themselves... All we have to rely on is that video footage... and nobody even knows where that footage came from. After that, Edgar is not seen or heard from in 13 years, it's like he simply vanished... I don't know about you, but if I had the power to conjure an explosive power more devastating than any nuclear weapon, I would not be hiding from a world that couldnt touch me, unless there was another reason... The whole thing smells fishy to me... But then again, I wouldn't know, i've never had a conversation with the man." Edgar explained his own position from a third person perspective as best he could without rising too much suspicion.

She absorbs the data she had just received from him. Letting it sink in a little, she began to wonder herself. "Well..." she started. "I'm quite sure there's a source for the footage...But what your saying does make sense...perhaps the man has either died or actually felt something. Last I knew, the BSAA never truly conducted a background for the BOW in question. It is possible, he, like Wesker, could somehow maintain a level of humanity. Perhaps, he's ashamed in some respect...but to be brutally honest with you...I cant really say for sure." she breathes slowly, and thinks about it more. "I don't really know why your defending that creature...but to be fair about it, if he truly was set up I don't see why he can't just come out and defend himself. I mean, average humans like you and I can't kill him...what stops him from showing himself?" she asks.

It was getting late out and she felt the alcohol that was in her fade away. "And if he is innocent..." she starts. "I'm sure he would have gone to see Damian. If I was Edgar, I would have came to him and tried to explain the situation, despite if there is a lack of memory...despite his general lack of self respect lately." she states. "I mean...a best friend has got to remember something...right?" she asks.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Claire Redfield
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:06 am

Merryl Natalyia wrote:
She absorbs the data she had just received from him. Letting it sink in a little, she began to wonder herself. "Well..." she started. "I'm quite sure there's a source for the footage...But what your saying does make sense...perhaps the man has either died or actually felt something. Last I knew, the BSAA never truly conducted a background for the BOW in question. It is possible, he, like Wesker, could somehow maintain a level of humanity. Perhaps, he's ashamed in some respect...but to be brutally honest with you...I cant really say for sure." she breathes slowly, and thinks about it more. "I don't really know why your defending that creature...but to be fair about it, if he truly was set up I don't see why he can't just come out and defend himself. I mean, average humans like you and I can't kill him...what stops him from showing himself?" she asks.

It was getting late out and she felt the alcohol that was in her fade away. "And if he is innocent..." she starts. "I'm sure he would have gone to see Damian. If I was Edgar, I would have came to him and tried to explain the situation, despite if there is a lack of memory...despite his general lack of self respect lately." she states. "I mean...a best friend has got to remember something...right?" she asks.

Edgar shook his head from side to side again. "I doubt it. Remember, Damien has been through a lot... And it's not just he that lost their memories, everyone on those ships would have seen the event, and yet not one could recall it... That in and of itself should raise alarm bells. A trained crew of a military vessel, nevermind two of them, remembers nothing. Something else must have happened..."

Edgar's head snapped upright a little as if a point had just struck him. "Then again, there where disturbing reports of weeks worth of memories up to two weeks prior to that event simply vanishing... I could understand people losing maybe an hours worth of memories, but for several cities world of population to report weeks of lost memory? I don't like coincidences, especially with the reported damage that happened at Everon Tower that same day Not to mention Mayland being absolutely deserted and badly damaged.. and Edward City simply dissapearing like a ghost.... As for Edgar himself, well, it may be that he can't or wont reveal himself, not because he fears for himself, but because he fears for the others... Either that, or he knows what really happened, and he knows something that is even bigger than the bio-terrorist threat, but linked to it... those are the only possible reasons I can think of..."
Back to top Go down
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:26 am

The thought of all what he had said made her feel nauseous inside. She couldn't remember much of that event when she was younger...but then again that was quite some time ago...and she had her own repressed memories of loosing her medal...and some of the parallels to her case.

She shook her head a little, too much info to absorb at once she thought. She looks away for the moment and sighs. "In either case...it doesn't seem like Edgar will be revealing himself any time soon. What he knows is entirely in his own mind, and I'm no mind reader and never seen the guy in his human form...if he even has one. To keep thinking of this is unhealthy if you ask me." she adds with another sigh.

Unfortunately, her own words bit her in the ass when the stranger re-mentioned Damian's list of problems brought her back again to thinking of him. "A man who loses his family and friends over a near never ending darkness..." she pouts a little. There was something about the man that made her want to know more...something that drew her to her former hero.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Claire Redfield
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 6:33 am

"Which brings me back to the present... You are wondering about the parrallels bitween what happened in Raccoon prior to the outbreak there, and these recent kidnappings, yes? Well, you would be right to be concerned... the smae thing happened in Maylad too... Peiople dissapearing right before the outbreaks occurred... Similar patters, nobody remembers seeing anything, strange rumors of boogeymen in the woods... And that same smell..." Edgar surmised, subtlely.

"This place is full of foreboding... And you never forget that smell after the first time..." he added, lowly.
Back to top Go down
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:47 pm

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
"Which brings me back to the present... You are wondering about the parrallels bitween what happened in Raccoon prior to the outbreak there, and these recent kidnappings, yes? Well, you would be right to be concerned... the smae thing happened in Maylad too... Peiople dissapearing right before the outbreaks occurred... Similar patters, nobody remembers seeing anything, strange rumors of boogeymen in the woods... And that same smell..." Edgar surmised, subtlely.

"This place is full of foreboding... And you never forget that smell after the first time..." he added, lowly.

She levels her eyelids and her arms drop to their sides. "You do know something..." she states tilting her head slightly. "Here I was beginning to believe you are nothing more than a traveling guru...how involved in this matter are you really?" she interrogated, almost instinctively dropping her hand to her weapon, but didn't draw...just leaned her hand upon the back grip of the weapon. She was feeling rather suspicious of the man before her now, and despite their long chat thus far, she still felt a tad imposed by this tall and almost mystical man.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Claire Redfield
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Edgar shook his head and leaned back more. "If I 'knew' anything, I would be there instead of here talking with you about it, and if I were involved, I definitely wouldn't be here, at ground zero, when it starts..."

Then he leaned forward towards Merryl. "Or did you forget I just told you I was in Raccoon when it went to hell? Yes, I remember that smell... The smell of death and decay, the smell of gunpowder and explosives and cold steel shredding undead flesh... That is the smell of war, and in Raccoon's case, a war against an enemy unseen. I know war, better than anyone you will ever meet..."

Once he finished those words, an alarm beep sounded from his EVPDA on his wrist. Damien was in his room, and set off the proximity sensor near the trunk he had placed in the man's room. Ed moved his arm as if checking a watch and quickly shut off the beeping.

"Well, thats my que. I have to go now. It was indeed nice chating with you ma'am." he said as he stood up straight, and walked back towards the direction of his hotel, passing Merryl in the proccess.
Back to top Go down
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
Edgar shook his head and leaned back more. "If I 'knew' anything, I would be there instead of here talking with you about it, and if I were involved, I definitely wouldn't be here, at ground zero, when it starts..."

Then he leaned forward towards Merryl. "Or did you forget I just told you I was in Raccoon when it went to hell? Yes, I remember that smell... The smell of death and decay, the smell of gunpowder and explosives and cold steel shredding undead flesh... That is the smell of war, and in Raccoon's case, a war against an enemy unseen. I know war, better than anyone you will ever meet..."

Once he finished those words, an alarm beep sounded from his EVPDA on his wrist. Damien was in his room, and set off the proximity sensor near the trunk he had placed in the man's room. Ed moved his arm as if checking a watch and quickly shut off the beeping.

"Well, thats my que. I have to go now. It was indeed nice chating with you ma'am." he said as he stood up straight, and walked back towards the direction of his hotel, passing Merryl in the proccess.

She let out a small sigh. There was no point in further pressing the matter. Like she had stated before, he wasn't crucial to her case.

As she listened, she began to slowly build a plan in her head...a plan on how she could attempt to 'save' Damian before too much damage was inflicted upon the man. "Instincts in some people tell them it is better to run away than fight...but what he's doing to himself these days is virtually suicide. I think I can stop it...I don't know why....but I just have this gut instinct that I can get through to him." she said softly, blushing a little.
She begins to turn around but stops, looking back at the man with humor. "You...wouldn't happen to know where Damian is lodging, would you?" she asks with a half grin.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Claire Redfield
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:39 pm

Edgar paused mid-step and turned back around, that smile back on his face.

"As a matter of fact, I do. Ironically enough we are both staying at the Maple Lodge. I can walk you there if you wish it's not far." Edgar said plesantly as he extended his hand toward Merryl in a gesture to follow.
Back to top Go down
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:48 pm

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
Edgar paused mid-step and turned back around, that smile back on his face.

"As a matter of fact, I do. Ironically enough we are both staying at the Maple Lodge. I can walk you there if you wish it's not far." Edgar said plesantly as he extended his hand toward Merryl in a gesture to follow.

She looked at his smile and she blushed a little. "Oh, well I can't possibly bother him now. I mean, it is late after all...I'll just visit him tomorrow." she said with a nervous chuckle. This got awkward... She thinks. She coughs in her hand and adjusts her tone. "Well...it was nice chatting with you..." she blinked. "Wait, I never did catch your name." she states.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Claire Redfield
Darkstorm Zero

PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:55 pm

Edgar lowered his hand, and his smile widened slightly.

"No... You didn't..." He said in slight monotones, before a cloud of steam from beneath the street clouded him from view, and the man, as big as he was, simply vanished without a trace, no sight or sound herralded his departure, he simply faded amidst the steam, like a ghost.
Back to top Go down
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:05 pm

Merryl covered her eyes as the steam rised. Slowly lowering her arm she blinked, the curling mist swirled and drifted in the alley. The man was no longer there. She blinked again. "Wait a minute...where...?" she questions herself, looking around for the man before shaking her head. "Okay, that was weird. Get some sleep Natalyia...it's time to call it a day." she sighed, turning around and walking the opposite way. She lowers her head slightly and hummed. "The Maple Lodge, huh? Well I guess I'll see the Lieutenant tomorrow then." she says aloud, and shrugged. "Gah-I hope talking aloud to myself won't become a habbit..." she shakes her head again, and then heads down a random street.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern RED
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Resident Evil Corporate Battles 3 :: Tall Oaks :: Tall Oaks Town Area-
Jump to: