Resident Evil Corporate Battles 3
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The third Resident Evil based RPG forum in the series of RECB. Now on a new forum. Takes place during the events of RE6.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Current Chapter is "Calm Before the Storm"...check "Rules" Category if unsure.
UPDATE* Check RULES for the Update 10/29/12
IMPORTANT POLL: Check General Chat for a poll by Damian Handy; poll is active ONLY FOR 5 DAYS!
7/14/13 Current Weather in Forums: Tall Oaks- RAINY; Edonia- OVERCAST; Paradise City- FOGGY; China- RAINY; South Pacific Islands: BEAUTIFUL

Modern RED

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Damian Handy
Admin
Damian Handy

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 2:38 am

A small Sports Bar that is located on Tall Oaks street across the street from the Big Plate, and is a couple of blocks away from it's competitor, After Hours. The pub is connected to a small home, owned by the managers of the Red Zone.
Back to top Go down
https://recb3.forumotion.com
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 10:32 am

The Modern RED was quite lively tonight. It had only been two days since Agent Merryl Natalyia, or 'Natalie' had driven the hundreds of miles from Boston to this quaint little town. She was here for the Presidential Speech, but she was also here on business. A special mission that the head of the F.B.I personally appointed her to complete. And it wasn't for aiding Presidential Detail, or anything really that requires a firearm. Still, she carries the Sig Saur on her hip in the light brown leather holster. She leans over the bar, a glass of bourbon in her hand which she stares at while other customers cheer over a baseball game that was playing on the television that was hoisted in the corner of the room.

Her hazel, brown-green gaze glances to the television briefly but didn't recognize who was playing. She takes a sip from her drink before setting it back upon the table again. She would soon call it a night, it was going to be one hell of a long day tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Damian Handy
Admin
Damian Handy

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 8:32 pm

Damian is walking the street after meeting with the Doctor who stitched him up. "All that money gone for a couple of stitches. I'm moving to freaking Europe." He grumbles, turning to his left. A medium sized neon light blinks before him, stating: "Modern RED".
He hears a chorus of joyous screaming coming from inside, and the lights on the windows advertised multiple alcoholic beverages. As much as he disliked sports bars, he enters anyways, in needing of a good drink, even if it was with company he'd rather not have.

He enters the loud pub, his ears ringing with loud music and screams of younger adults fussing with a baseball game in the corner of the room. He shrugs. Baseball...heh, he played some in his Highschool days, but it never really stuck with him; he remembered running the back trails behind the school more than the outfields of the highschool ball diamond.

He takes a seat at the bar and sighs. He was still in a pair of blood stained pants, but it wasn't too visible due to it's black fabric. He looks to the bar keep and waves him...and waves him...before stating: "Excuse me! Over here!"
The barkeep turns to him, dissatisfied with the suited man's disheveled appearance. "We don't serve to bums, get lost." he exclaims back to Damian. Damian, narrowing his eyes clears his throat as the man turns away from him. His Irish rage was boiling within him, and the barkeep turns to him-his eyes asking for a fight. "Got a problem?" he asks Damian.

Damian gets up from his seat, and let out a sigh. What he was going to do was gain control...after that, he was going to introduce his right hand to the man's tie he was wearing, then he would take that tie and pull him close enough to meet with his left fist, finishing that by having him meet his own bar table. After all of that, he'll take the barkeep's pack of cigs he had stuffed in his upper breast pocket and walk out.

After he was cooled down enough, he looks up at the man with a grin. "No...none at all." After the bar keep starts to turn away, Damian begins to reach over the bar to initiate his rage.
Back to top Go down
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Damian Handy wrote:

Damian gets up from his seat, and let out a sigh. What he was going to do was gain control...after that, he was going to introduce his right hand to the man's tie he was wearing, then he would take that tie and pull him close enough to meet with his left fist, finishing that by having him meet his own bar table. After all of that, he'll take the barkeep's pack of cigs he had stuffed in his upper breast pocket and walk out.

After he was cooled down enough, he looks up at the man with a grin. "No...none at all." After the bar keep starts to turn away, Damian begins to reach over the bar to initiate his rage.

Natalie doesn't immediately turn her attention to the slightly disheveled man beside her who's arguing with the bar tender, not even when the Barman raises his voice. She takes another sip when she notices the man who was called a bum by the bar keep rise from his seat, and reaching over to the man behind the counter. Quickly, the Agent acts and grabs the sleeve of the man's jacket-pulling his arm back. "Oh my, big brother!" she starts, the bar tender turning to see the man she held now pulled away from the counter. "Did you get mugged on the way here? Jeeze, you still insist on taking care of things yourself don't ya?" she exclaims. She turns to the bar keep, and gives him a scowl. She reaches in her pocket and throws a couple bills. "I know another bar, one that doesn't judge you for what your wearing. Also, the bar tender their isn't a douche bag." she states and pulls the drunkard's arm, pulling him around the pool tables and headed out the door.

When they were in the street and a little ways away from the bar, she tosses the man into an alley way, the man stumbled over a fallen trashcan before hitting his back to the brick wall of a neighboring building.

Natalie frowns, her hands on her hip, her right hand on the butt of her P226. She leans towards the man and furrows her brow. "Now before you start acting irrational again, I want to let you know two things: 1. I can kick your sorry ass in five different ways before you can blink. 2. You should thank me. If I didn't stop you, you would have likely got a lawsuit and time in lockup around here. Besides, the last thing we need around here is a bar brawl." she says in a calm, yet commanding voice.
Back to top Go down
Damian Handy
Admin
Damian Handy

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:40 pm

With his back to the wall he blinks absently at the woman who managed to pull him out of the bar. He tilts his head up to her and narrows his eyelids. "I think knocking that bastards face in would have been the most rational thing to do." he sighs, remaining where he was. Yeah, in thought it was a pretty stupid move-to beat a man because he was radiating 'ass hole'. But it would have felt so good to watch him in pain...it would have been worth it...for a little while...

He blinks again, finally acknowledging the woman before him. She was wearing a pair of pinstripe pants, a powder blue dress shirt and had a gun and holster on her hip. He sighs again, picking himself off the ground. "Yeah, your probably right. I'm not as swift as I used to be, but take away about five years and you would have a little more trouble taking me down Miss." he says turning his chest to the right and heard a light crack. He turns to her, who's an inch or two shorter than him. He looks away and rubs the back of his neck with his free hand. "Thanks..." he sighs again, turning to her face when the street light flickered back on, allowing him an even better look at her. She had short reddish hair and the second most unusual pair of eyes he'd ever seen (the first would have been DRAKE's). He raises an eyebrow and shrugs. "Sorry for the trouble." he says with a little guilt and embarrassment, turning around to walk away.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Claire Redfield
Darkstorm Zero

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 9:59 pm

As soon as Damien would exit the mouth of the alleyway, he slammed face to chest with Edgar, a very pre-occupied Edgar.

However, the large man didn't even stop, and deftly maneuvered himself around Damien, muttering the phrase "Excuse me" as he passed, moving towards the city limits.
Back to top Go down
Damian Handy
Admin
Damian Handy

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:27 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
As soon as Damien would exit the mouth of the alleyway, he slammed face to chest with Edgar, a very pre-occupied Edgar.

However, the large man didn't even stop, and deftly maneuvered himself around Damien, muttering the phrase "Excuse me" as he passed, moving towards the city limits.

He paused. "Hey!" he calls back. Slightly enraged, he didn't register the man's face till he was halfway turned around, mouthing the words that followed up with them that had stated: "Watch where..." but as soon as he finished 'where' he had made the realization. He now is looking back down the alley, his mouth slightly agape. "...your going." he finishes softly, almost like a hushed whisper. He blinks, staring at the back of the man who was walking away. He takes a step in the direction and narrows his eyelids. "That can't be right...for a moment it looked like..." he stops himself there. As soon as he was about to voice the words the empty feeling in his head returned. He couldn't make any heads or tails of it. He stands there bewildered, the man looked so strikingly familiar. He had known him, he was sure of that-it was almost like spotting out an old college school mate, or an old friend from the past-but his half shot brain cells couldn't pick up any names. To be exact, the only name that he could even think of when he looked at that man, was strangely another familiar but unfamiliar name. "'Alexastria'?...tch, but that sounds too feminine for a man of that caliber...besides, it sounds like I made that name up. Too...'out of place' for a name in this day and age..." he thinks, but still remains with his mouth slightly agape.
Back to top Go down
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:37 am

As he got within light she recognized the drunkards face. She blinks, shaking her head slightly. "No it couldn't be..." she mutters but soon she sees the man turn back around to yet again argue with a larger passer by. She looks briefly to the man who walked past her now and felt incredibly small and defenseless despite the fact she was visibly armed. She then snaps her attention back to the drunkard, who remains standing there with his mouth hung open. She approaches him and then is shocked. "Dear God...it is." she whispers to herself, leaning closer towards the bum. "Your First Lieutenant Damian Handy...of the B.S.A.A....Your also the man who the Department hired back in 2006 to take down a Black Market sale in Nevada..." she starts reaching out and grabbing his chin, inspecting him closely. "My...have the mighty have truly fallen..." She states unknowingly.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Claire Redfield
Darkstorm Zero

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:46 am

Merryl Natalyia wrote:
"Your First Lieutenant Damian Handy...of the B.S.A.A....Your also the man who the Department hired back in 2006 to take down a Black Market sale in Nevada..." she starts reaching out and grabbing his chin, inspecting him closely. "My...have the mighty have truly fallen..." She states unknowingly.

The heavy bootfalls of the tall man suddenly stopped when he heard those words. But he did not turn around.

Instead, Edgar raised his right hand and opened something attached to the wrist, a small screen or mirror? he looked at the reflection, back at Damien and his... guest. He oberved silently, his shades revealing nothing of the shame and concern hidden behind them.

"Something really did happen to him while I was gone... something more than the Psionic Decimator disaster..." Edgar thought as he continued his observation.

Last edited by Darkstorm Zero on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Damian Handy
Admin
Damian Handy

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:57 am

Damian pulls her hand away from his chin briefly. "Yeah...so what if I am? And it's former Lieutenant. I don't 'officially' work for the B.S.A.A. anymore...just another suit they put into low risk situations." he states bringing his vision up to the tall man again, but hesitantly brought his vision back to the woman with her strange green-brown eyes. "Judging from your Sig Saur and your information...I'm guessing your a suit too eh? But not from the BSAA...you must be from Washington..." he then pauses, feeling a something familiarly strange wash over him. "But...your accent suggests otherwise...you have been working on it for a while...but you still have a slight Bostonian accent." he turns and looks at her. "Your from the Boston Branch...and from the top of my head the only Department of Defense I know stationed there is that of the F.B.I..." he states. Then narrows his eyes. "...Not so fun to hear yourself be explained away that easily, is it now?" he asked a little coldly.
Back to top Go down
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:15 am

She felt like she had been punched in the gut slightly. From what she had heard was that the hero of the department had fell on hard times, but seriously didn't think he was going to be a dick head in person. She frowns, scowling at him. "Jesus...you really are a mess. Here I thought I had finally met my hero; the man that had motivated me to push through the department. However in reality he's just a drunken washout who's been left on the side of the curb. And I'm putting that nicely." she states. Truly, the man was an inspiration in the past, but sadly the reality doesn't match up with the legend. She fold her arms across her chest and leans back, scowling back at her former hero.
Back to top Go down
Damian Handy
Admin
Damian Handy

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Haunting Memories   Modern RED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:39 am

Merryl Natalyia wrote:
She felt like she had been punched in the gut slightly. From what she had heard was that the hero of the department had fell on hard times, but seriously didn't think he was going to be a dick head in person. She frowns, scowling at him. "Jesus...you really are a mess. Here I thought I had finally met my hero; the man that had motivated me to push through the department. However in reality he's just a drunken washout who's been left on the side of the curb. And I'm putting that nicely." she states. Truly, the man was an inspiration in the past, but sadly the reality doesn't match up with the legend. She fold her arms across her chest and leans back, scowling back at her former hero.

He shrugs his shoulders and rises his arms before letting them fall. "Sorry sweetheart, but I'm the reality. People change, and no I'm not the same man you probably remember I was. But you know, I accept the fact I can't go back to being the hero." he says drawing closer to her, looking down into her hazel eyes with his own dark blue orbs. "There is no such thing as honor these days." he says darkly. "Chivalry, and Pride are just words meant to justify what we do is right and how we're doing it is acceptable." He leans closer to her and lowers his tone. "There is no hope left for this God forsaken world. If there is even a God who forsakens it." he says backing away...and then her image popped into his head. He winces and grabs his skull. The blackish brown hair, the distant stare that came from those beautiful chocolate brown eyes...

He falls back, hitting his back against the wall, his eyes tightly shut. A loud buzzing only he could hear hummed into his skull-the pain was like a chorus of hammers hitting a large bell that he was stuck inside. He manages to maintain his balance, his palms squeezing the sides of his skull. "Make it stop...I...I don't wan't to remember!" he mutters out of context for his guest. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a cigar-he had ran out of alcohol earlier when he gave the last drops to that innkeeper, and now he truly regretted it. The cigars really didn't give much of an effect that the alcohol easily had. It would give him an extra lift in his foot to get back to his bedroom at the inn...he just remembers he had a bottle of jack in his suitcase...it would help him. It would free him of this pain.

He lights the cigar up and puffs on it, his eyes slowly winking open. He looks at the woman before him, and couldn't let himself look into her eyes. Feeling ashamed, he simply walks in the direction the taller man had come from and started to walk back to the Inn. He needed rest and that liquor badly...tomorrow was going to be a pain and the day after that even more so when he would have to force himself to go to the Presidential Speech sober. Hopefully though, when it came to the day of the speech that he'd have one of those rare days that he didn't need a drink. Those happy, easy going days where nothing would go wrong.
Lets only keep our fingers crossed now...
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Claire Redfield
Darkstorm Zero

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:07 am

Edgar looked on at his former friend and comerade, his face emotionless.

"A storm is comming, and you will remember.... before the end...." Edgar muttered to himself, before he made his way back himself. The gift he left Damien in his suite would hold a truth Damien would have to face, before he could survive what was comming.

Much would be revealed in the next 48 hours, and then... bio-terrorist hell would be loosed once more.
Back to top Go down
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 1:57 pm

Those dark words that were said from the man she had looked up to as a rookie were definitely hard to swallow. She had wanted to be as far away from the man as possible when he towered over her, but fortunately he had backed away before she had to get physical; muttering nonsense before lighting a smoke and taking off into the street. She watches him disappear from sight before she can allow herself to breath normally again. "What happened to you?" she asks herself, looking down and had noticed the gun that was in her holster was now in her hands. She gasped a little, quickly slipping the weapon back into it's holster. She must have instinctively pulled it out when he advanced her.

She sighs. She really had no idea what was going through his head...all she knew from gossip and rumors around the Bureau that something had caused the man she once respected to head down a rather lonely path...she didn't know the details per say, but it was pretty much summed up as a really fucked up sting of bad luck that was inflicted upon the man.

She backs herself against the wall, and sighs. She then turns her attention back down the alley way where the taller man still stood. She cocked an eyebrow and started heading towards the man, at first silently. But as she got into range she suddenly raises her hand to get his attention. "Hey...excuse me." she calls out.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Claire Redfield
Darkstorm Zero

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:01 pm

Merryl Natalyia wrote:
She backs herself against the wall, and sighs. She then turns her attention back down the alley way where the taller man still stood. She cocked an eyebrow and started heading towards the man, at first silently. But as she got into range she suddenly raises her hand to get his attention. "Hey...excuse me." she calls out.

Edgar lowered his arm, closing the screen off as he did, before he turned to face the woman. He tried to smile a little, as to seem plesant enough, and replied. "Yes? Can I help you?"
Back to top Go down
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:14 pm

Darkstorm Zero wrote:

Edgar lowered his arm, closing the screen off as he did, before he turned to face the woman. He tried to smile a little, as to seem plesant enough, and replied. "Yes? Can I help you?"

She pauses before him, forgetting how truly tall he was. And the strange device he had on his arm that folded up as she had approached... He was quite imposing yet, despite his attempt to look pleasant. She lets out a hoarse cough as she approaches, a cough that made her pause in her advance, she turns towards the Modern RED's brick wall and covers her mouth as she continues to cough worse than a smoker. She reaches onto her belt, pulling out her inhaler, shaking it before bringing it to her mouth and inhaled twice. After a few teary eyed moments she slips the device back into the pouch on her belt and let out a softer cough. "Sorry 'bout that." she says, and then turned to the man again. "But yes. I was wondering if you could tell me about this town a little? You look like a man who's been well traveled." she states, pointing at the tattered and dirt encrusted duster he wore with her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Claire Redfield
Darkstorm Zero

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Merryl Natalyia wrote:
She pauses before him, forgetting how truly tall he was. And the strange device he had on his arm that folded up as she had approached... He was quite imposing yet, despite his attempt to look pleasant. She lets out a hoarse cough as she approaches, a cough that made her pause in her advance, she turns towards the Modern RED's brick wall and covers her mouth as she continues to cough worse than a smoker. She reaches onto her belt, pulling out her inhaler, shaking it before bringing it to her mouth and inhaled twice. After a few teary eyed moments she slips the device back into the pouch on her belt and let out a softer cough. "Sorry 'bout that." she says, and then turned to the man again. "But yes. I was wondering if you could tell me about this town a little? You look like a man who's been well traveled." she states, pointing at the tattered and dirt encrusted duster he wore with her eyes.

"Hmm, asthmatic..." Edgar surmised immediately upon seeing the woman's rough coughing. "And Damien lighting a cigar right in front of her... Smooth..."

Edgar smiled slightly more as she pointed to his coat. "I could tell you a little. I only arrived myself this evening, but from what I have seen so far, it's a nice little country town, with a sizable cathedral and town hall, a few buisnesses around the middle of town, and residential areas surrounding it. Has it's own hospital and university here though, but no major factory or warehouse districts, so most of the jobs seem to be commercial in nature. Is there something specific you were looking for?" Edgar asked.
Back to top Go down
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 2:49 pm

She nods, recording what he said to memory. "I see. Well, I was just curious about the layout of the city is all.." she says walking past him before pausing. "And...then, there are those disappearances...you must have heard about them, right?" she asked, turning to him with a determined look. She chuckles. "Don't worry, I'm not accusing you of being some crazed ax killer. Just thinking a man of your well traveled nature must have heard the rumors...am I right?" she asks, leaning against the brick wall, folding her arms across her chest.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Claire Redfield
Darkstorm Zero

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 3:00 pm

"Not any more than a well informed FBI agent, especially considering I only arrived mere hours ago. I only came to hear the Presidential speech myself. I lost a lot to Raccoon City... Still, why a kidnapper would choose to... abduct people at the place of a presidential visit so close to said visit does intrigue me... Any criminal with a modicum of brains would know that this town would be crawling with half the world's law enforcement and military brass, and the rest would be watching from their televisions and monitoring devices... It would seem foolish, unless the criminal in question is planning something bigger than ordinary kidnappings..." Edgar surmised.

"But, I am just an ordinary traveler, perhaps with an over-active imagination eh?" Edgar smiled again.
Back to top Go down
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:17 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
"Not any more than a well informed FBI agent, especially considering I only arrived mere hours ago. I only came to hear the Presidential speech myself. I lost a lot to Raccoon City... Still, why a kidnapper would choose to... abduct people at the place of a presidential visit so close to said visit does intrigue me... Any criminal with a modicum of brains would know that this town would be crawling with half the world's law enforcement and military brass, and the rest would be watching from their televisions and monitoring devices... It would seem foolish, unless the criminal in question is planning something bigger than ordinary kidnappings..." Edgar surmised.

"But, I am just an ordinary traveler, perhaps with an over-active imagination eh?" Edgar smiled again.

She narrows her eyelids slightly. "He's got some good ears...he was quite some distance from Damian and I..." she thought and smiled back at the bigger man. "Alright." she then frowned slightly. "And sorry to have heard that. Yeah, I remember that incident. I was just a pre-teen then, and to hear that an entire city had to be destroyed by the Government's Basilisk Program. It was all on the news for the longest time." she states with a slight sigh. "But yeah, it does seem awfully fishy that a string of kidnappings start occurring a week or so before the Presidential Speech." she then steps a little closer. "But its not something all that well known by the public. The big wigs and the Mayor have been trying to keep that under the radar while the President is in town. To be truthful, word of that story hasn't even come out yet." she states pressing off the wall and walks towards the taller man, feeling only a tad more confident now, but still felt his imposing energy radiate off of him. "So, a former Raccoon Victim have a side story, or are you truly just an ordinary traveler with a wild imagination?" she asks cocking an eyebrow.

She knew something was...odd about this man; but she didn't think he would be actually a major contribution to her mission. But...he may know where to point the finger to the next bread crumb with this knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Claire Redfield
Darkstorm Zero

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 1:34 am

Edgar merely shrugged his shoulders, his smile never waivered. "Hmm, kinda hard to keep the rumor mill from turning in a town as small as this. Family and friends of the victims don't tend to keep their silence, even when instructed to by the authorities. It does make the jobs of law enforcement officers such as yourselves harder than is needed when the information gets garbled with trivia and the old 'chinese whispers' effect sets in.

Ed's ears perked up as he again felt Merryl's surface thoughts. "Side story eh? Well, I'm older than my apperance would have you beleive, and I knew your 'friend' Damien when he was still a wet behind the ears rookie police officer back in Raccoon. Poor kid wanted to get into the STARS unit so bad, he could taste it. And he got knocked back. Turns out, that was a blessing in dsguise... As for me as a person, I'm just a drifter these days... I see much, but know little."
Back to top Go down
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:17 am

Darkstorm Zero wrote:
Edgar merely shrugged his shoulders, his smile never waivered. "Hmm, kinda hard to keep the rumor mill from turning in a town as small as this. Family and friends of the victims don't tend to keep their silence, even when instructed to by the authorities. It does make the jobs of law enforcement officers such as yourselves harder than is needed when the information gets garbled with trivia and the old 'chinese whispers' effect sets in.

Ed's ears perked up as he again felt Merryl's surface thoughts. "Side story eh? Well, I'm older than my apperance would have you beleive, and I knew your 'friend' Damien when he was still a wet behind the ears rookie police officer back in Raccoon. Poor kid wanted to get into the STARS unit so bad, he could taste it. And he got knocked back. Turns out, that was a blessing in dsguise... As for me as a person, I'm just a drifter these days... I see much, but know little."

"Hmmm..." she moaned slightly, folding her arms again. Sure that was a possibility that he may have only picked up the pieces that the police couldn't shut out. If it wasn't for the President being here, the case would have been left with local jurisdiction. It was a case that needed closing within the shadows of the big public event.
She chuckled a little at his little 'Chinese whispers' jab. But what made her own ears pick up was when he brought up the fact that he had known her former idol. "Really now? It's strange that he didn't really seem to notice you when you both bumped into each other..." She started, but then curiosity got the better of her. She bit her lower lip slightly, looking away from Edgar as she spoke aloud to herself: "I...didn't even know that he was a Raccoon survivor...Wait, that would have been the same S.T.A.R.S. unit that was kicked out of Raccoon before the City went to hell right?" she asked turning back to the taller man. She knew it was more than that. To be honest...they were filed with 'misconduct' in an investigation of a string of murders and kidnappings...

That last bit made her gut turn over. The thought of how both cases involved kidnappings made her slightly worried, but then again it didn't really mean anything...like, what happened in Raccoon before it blew up has nothing to do with the current case...there wasn't any common link.

She looks up at him again, and raises her eyebrows. "A modern day Kwai Chang Caine, huh?" she said with in a slight teasing remark to his 'traveling persona'.
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Claire Redfield
Darkstorm Zero

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 2:36 am

Merryl Natalyia wrote:
But what made her own ears pick up was when he brought up the fact that he had known her former idol. "Really now? It's strange that he didn't really seem to notice you when you both bumped into each other..." She started, but then curiosity got the better of her. She bit her lower lip slightly, looking away from Edgar as she spoke aloud to herself: "I...didn't even know that he was a Raccoon survivor...Wait, that would have been the same S.T.A.R.S. unit that was kicked out of Raccoon before the City went to hell right?" she asked turning back to the taller man. She knew it was more than that. To be honest...they were filed with 'misconduct' in an investigation of a string of murders and kidnappings...

That last bit made her gut turn over. The thought of how both cases involved kidnappings made her slightly worried, but then again it didn't really mean anything...like, what happened in Raccoon before it blew up has nothing to do with the current case...there wasn't any common link.

Edgar merely leaned back against the opposite wall as he thought back, scratching his chin. "Yes, thats true... But, I suspect that Damien has much on his mind... you saw his reaction as much as I did when he tried to remember... Something happened to him in his not-too-distant past. That said, I have not seen the man for over 13 years."

Then, when Merryl asked about the Stars unit, Edgar's smile returned, "Quite astute, this one" he thought. "No, the events leading up to the destruction of Raccoon city were more complicated than that... The STARS team leader, Albert Wesker, was a traitor in the ranks... he was secretly in league with Unbrella, as was the mayor, and the police cheif. The rank and file STARS members, along with the regular police members where just as much victims as the common civillians. Several of their number now serve the BSAA after all..." And Edgar left the explanation at that.

Merryl Natalyia wrote:
She looks up at him again, and raises her eyebrows. "A modern day Kwai Chang Caine, huh?" she said with in a slight teasing remark to his 'traveling persona'.

Edgar chuckled at that, and replied "I guess it's something like that ,yes. The other part is to finally lay those old Raccoon demons down to rest after all these years."

Back to top Go down
Merryl Natalyia
R.P.D. S.W.A.T. Officer
Merryl Natalyia

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:03 am

She nodded and shrugged a little. She definitely could see a form of Post-Trauma in that...outburst he had before he took off. It made sense that former police and STARS of Raccoon would join up with the BSAA. If memory served, several members of the Original 11 BSAA members had been STARS...and even Damian himself was one of the original members.

She frowned at the mentioning of Umbrella. It was a scary thought...all that time during the '90's, hell probably even earlier than that-they could have destroyed the entire world with their carelessness. She looks back up to the man and smiles a little. "I can't imagine what it could have been like having to go through that. I was only twelve or thirteen at that time...I didn't fully understand how horrible the event really was till I got a little older. Such is childhood." she adds with a sigh.

Still, her thoughts lingered about Damian. She wondered if it was possible to bring that sorry drunk back onto his feet...perhaps it was possible...but he seemed so spiteful...so dark...almost emotionless in that last confrontation. His demons...they had to be incredibly dark.

She looks up at the man and then back at the wall. "Umbrella...Wesker...Raccoon...they really did a number on the country."
Back to top Go down
Darkstorm Zero
Claire Redfield
Darkstorm Zero

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 3:54 am

Edgar frowned as some bad old memories surfaced, he looked at the young lady, and he understood where she was coming from, in that she could not understand the hell that truly was teh Raccoon Outbreak.

"It was probably for the best that someone as young as yourself had not seen it. It.... affects you in the same way as war does. and like war, it was a veritable 'Hell on Earth'. For some, the pain, fury, fear, and sorrow fade over time. For others, those same scars never fully heal... And for a select few, they experience that 'hell' more than once... Damien is one such person."

When Merryl mentioned Wesker again, he shook his head side to side. "No, they did a number beyond counting on the whole world... His bio-weapons now encompass the globe, in the hands of evil men... He himself may no longer be among the living, but his legacy will haunt us far longer then he himself did..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Modern RED Empty
PostSubject: Re: Modern RED   Modern RED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern RED
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Resident Evil Corporate Battles 3 :: Tall Oaks :: Tall Oaks Town Area-
Jump to: